PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
Overview & Purpose
The PGY1 Pharmacy Residency at CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center (CSV) is currently accredited by ASHP. The PGY1 pharmacy residency program will build on the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
Click here to view the Post Graduate Pharmacy Residency Brochure
Recruiting for the 2022-2023 PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Class
CHRISTUS St. Vincent will be participating in the ASHPs Midyear 2021 Residency Showcase. Please check the Midyear website for more details on date/time of the Residency Showcase.
Residents are required to complete learning experiences in: Pharmacy Operations/Orientation, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Medication Safety, Antimicrobial Stewardship, Pharmacy Management and Emergency Medicine.
Elective learning experiences are available in Oncology, Acute Pain Service, Infectious Diseases and Transitions of Care/Anticoagulation Stewardship.
Longitudinal Rotations include:
- Ambulatory Care Continuity Clinic
- Residency Research Project
- Inpatient Pharmacy Staffing
Additional Residency Experiences Include:
- Basic or Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
- Completion of the Teaching Certificate Program through the UNM College of Pharmacy (optional)
- Code team participation
- Optional participation in the Physical Assessment Certificate program
Upon successful completion of the program, the resident should be prepared to provide advanced levels of pharmaceutical care in a variety of health care settings and/or enter into advanced training programs, such as a Post-Graduate Year 2 residency or fellowship.
- Apply online through the PhORCAS system at http://www.ashp.org/phorcas
- Applicants must provide:
- A letter of intent stating interests and goals.
- Curriculum vitae.
- College/School of Pharmacy transcripts
- Three letters of recommendations from health care professionals who can attest to your practice abilities.
- An on-site interview is required
Application Deadline: First Friday of January
- Salary: approximately $ 50,000
- Approximately 18 days paid time off is accrued over the residency year
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k long term savings plan
- Travel and registration for the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and the Western States Residency Conference
Pharmacy Residency Class Listing
Pharmacy Residency Class 2021 – 2022
Joshua Lowery, PharmD
Hometown: Bryant, Arkansas
Pharmacy Residency Class of 2020 – 2021
Cory Zarick, PharmD
Hometown: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Pharmacy Residency Class of 2019 – 2020
Jennifer Garcia, PharmD
Hometown: Manassa, Colorado