We now offer life-changing specialty pharmacy services designed to simplify every aspect of your care. From obtaining financial assistance, to navigating through your insurance benefits, coordinating with providers, and managing refills, CHRISTUS Specialty Pharmacy patient liaisons will integrate with your clinic to help alleviate that stress so you can focus on what really matters—enjoying your life.
Are You a Patient?
Treating chronic conditions is complex. We can help!
The CHRISTUS Specialty Pharmacy program closely connects your clinical care with your pharmacy care. As part of an integrated team, our pharmacy liaisons and clinical pharmacists specializing in your condition will partner with you to help navigate the complex world of specialty pharmacy. They will provide educational tools and material to support your ongoing treatment.
Our team will help answer and address insurance-related questions and conduct prior authorizations. We also offer language and interpretation services to help patients better communicate with our care team. Our goal is to provide fully-integrated services to deliver the best possible care to you.
Disease States We Treat Include:
Patient Services Include:
- Consultations, education, medication counseling
- Personalized refill coordination
- Monitoring for adherence, nutrition, side effects, and drug interactions
- Medication authorizations
- Medication appeals
- Financial assistance programs
- Prescription transfers
- Coordination of care with providers & other pharmacies
- Delivery for all medications, at no extra cost
CHRISTUS Specialty Pharmacy offers free language assistance to patients whose primary language is not English or for those who are visually/hearing impaired.
Our pharmacists monitor your treatment therapy for adherence, nutrition, drug interaction, side effects, and refills. Additional information may be found at The National Institutes of Health, which has an informative and searchable portal that has comprehensive information on medications. Click here to visit the NIH Drug Information Portal
Are You a Provider?
We provide fully-integrated services to deliver the best possible care to your patients.
The CHRISTUS Specialty Pharmacy care team is comprised of pharmacy liaisons and clinical pharmacists that work together to support your clinical team and your patients.
Provider Services Include:
- Assistance obtaining insurance prior authorizations
- Utilize a specialty pharmacy accredited disease management platform to monitor patients for their duration of therapy
- Financial assistance programs
- Personalized (live person) refill reminders for patients
- Assistance with appeals
- Assistance with prescription transfers
- No cost shipping to patient’s homes
Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
If you communicate using sign language or have a family member who does, we can provide a certified interpreter free of charge. If you are admitted after-hours or on the weekend, we offer video remote interpreting that connects you via video to an interpreter until a face-to-face interpreter can be assigned.
Other aids and services are available as well, including assistive listening devices such as amplifiers, UbiDuo face-to-face communicator or white boards.