Our Women's and Children's Services are designed to provide family-centered comprehensive care to the childbearing patients as well as gynecological patients.
We offer assistance in developing a birth plan that is truly tailored to the experience you would like to have on your delivery day. Every detail before, during, and after birth is handled with compassion and support as you embark upon your new journey.
We’ve assembled a highly trained and caring team of experts to give the most complete care and comfort possible — from helping you through a safe delivery to breastfeeding and beyond.
We have assembled resource guides for the expectant mother, NICU caregivers and NICU Siblings.
We proudly offer:
- Board-certified OB/GYN Physicians and Certified Nurse Midwives
- East Texas’ first Level III Maternal Facility
- East Texas’ first OB Emergency Department
- The area’s first Level III NICU specializing in high risk neonatal care
- Board-certified Neonatologists and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- Personalized birth plans
- Private, comfortable birthing suites
- Celebratory meals for mom and support partner
- Lactation Center with internationally certified lactation consultants
- Labor tub
- Certified interpreter services
- Skin-to-skin contact
- Couplet care for mommy and baby in same room
- Sleeping accommodations for labor partner
- Obstetrics Emergency Department (OBED)
- Support the Golden Hour
- OB Hospitalists 24/7
- Free education classes for childbirth and breastfeeding
- Labor & Delivery Suite tours - All tours are by appointment only. Please call 903.315.2069 to make your appointment.
For more details on the above list, please see the services section below.
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center offers a variety of educational opportunities to new families, where everyone can learn what to expect and how to help with the new baby.
Examples of classes offered:
- Basics of Pregnancy
For questions about family education classes, please email email@example.com or call 903.315.2003.
Level III NICU
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center – Longview’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), the first NICU to open in the Northeast Texas region, is a Level III NICU by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Our state-of-the-art NICU cares for babies born as early as 23 weeks gestation and full-term babies with special needs.
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center - Longview
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, Texas 75601
Pre-Register for Delivery
Request An Appointment
If This Is a Medical Emergency, Please Dial 911
OB Emergency Department & Level III Maternal Facility
Expectant mothers across Northeast Texas can rest easy knowing they will receive high-quality, faith-based care at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center - Longview which has been accredited as Longview’s first Level III (Subspecialty Care) Maternal Facility by the Texas Department of State Health Services. This 3-year designation acts as official recognition of the facility's commitment to meeting the requirements of national and state standards for Level III Maternal Care.
Over the past 5 years, the Women’s Services team has been preparing for this designation, including opening an Obstetric Emergency Departments, to ensure that CHRISTUS Good Shepherd remains a leader in maternal care across East Texas. CHRISTUS Good Shepherd - Longview is home to the first 24-hour Obstetric Emergency Department in Longview. The OB Emergency Department is staffed by an in-house Board-Certified Obstetrician. This service assures women facing unexpected concerns during pregnancy and post-delivery are treated with specialized care in a prompt manner.
Learn more about our Level III Maternal Level of Care accreditation