Our heart center greets each and every day with the same goal – to ensure that we provide our patients with the highest quality, life-saving heart care to restore their quality of life as quickly and safely as possible – and we achieve this by staying at the forefront of healthcare in the region:
- Our Thermo suit technology administers hypothermia to cardiac arrest patients, decreasing the risk of brain damage and lowering core body temperature to the necessary range.
- We provide 24-hour support for our patients in critical condition.
- In addition to our outstanding surgeons, nurses and technicians, we also have a cardiac surgery anesthesiologist as part of our team to ensure that the best possible care is given to patients undergoing procedures in our heart center.
- We have a cardiac unit dedicated solely to patients recovering from coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Our care doesn’t end when you walk out of our doors – we’re here to support patients and their families throughout the healing process with opportunities like our Congestive Heart Failure Support Group to make certain that encouragement and education continue even after a procedure or diagnosis.
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement or TAVR for short, adds important years to patients’ lives that might not have any other options to repair severe aortic stenosis. The procedure is best-suited for those patients who are not ideal candidates for traditional heart valve replacement procedures. The TAVR procedure forgoes opening the chest to access the heart, an operation which can cause complications for patients such as seniors who are already weakened, or those with other underlying health conditions. During the procedure, doctors run a tiny artificial heart valve through an artery in the groin, up into the aortic chambers of the patient’s heart. The new valve is put in place and begins and recovery time for patients is far less than traditional open-heart procedures.
Learn If You Are At Risk for Heart Disease
Staying on top of your heart health is one of the most important things you can do at any age. A great way to do that is by taking our free online health risk assessment. You can estimate your risk along with other harmful factors that can lead to developing cardiovascular disease. It's everything you need to know about your heart all in one convenient place.
CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini
3330 Masonic Drive
Alexandria, Louisiana 71301
Sign Up for Heart News
Get our monthly newsletter personalized with the health topics that matter most to you.
Request An Appointment
If This Is a Medical Emergency, Please Dial 911